Indoboardgames.com

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:05 pm

All times are UTC + 7 hours

Post subject: [Review]Bruges - Another Feld's GEM!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:54 am 

Okay, first of all me myself dont really like long reviews, so i'm gonna make this short!

The game consists of a few rounds, most likely end in round 7-8. At the beginning of the game, you will have 5 cards. In each round, the first player roll the 5 color dice to decide the price to advanced the "track" which will get you VP at the end of the game and to decide which threat or threats everyone will receive. If you collect 3 of any same threat, you will get a penalty depending on the color of the threat (lose 3 VP, lose ALL money, lose ALL worker, etc). Then everyone get to play 4 turns alternately from playing the 4 cards from the 5 you have.

Each card let you do one of the following actions :
1. take 2 workers of the same colour card (ex if my card colour is blue, i take 2 blue workers)
2. take money depending on the value of dice (ex if my card colour is blue, and the dice value is 6, i get 6 golds)
3. Build a house (for hiring people)
4. Hire a people by paying the money (1 people per house), the effects of the people depends on the icon, some instant effect, some when activated by paying the needed color worker, permanent effects in game.
5. Build canal?
6. Get rid of one threat and gain 1 VP

If i might add, the flow is something like get highest possible money -> build house (using worker) -> hire people -> maybe build canal if possible after that -> take 2 workers if you need to build house or activate people's power -> get rid of threat if you are afraid of the threat

After that, you decide who is the majority in track, canal and people. This is one time only, ex if this round you are the highest on the track, you get to flip your tile to 4 VP (end game VP), but if next round you still highest in the track, nothing happens. But when other player become the highest on the track, he get to flip his tile. Dont worry, you still have your VPs ;).

1st round finished, the player to the right becomes starting player and draw 4 new cards from either 2 decks, you can see the color of the card on top, but you dont know what cards is at beneath, so you must be lucky with your draws :D. After everyone get their cards, roll the dice again to decide the price to advanced the "track" and decide the threats again!

I WANT MY COMBOS?
Feld's game usually have combo moves like in trajan or CoB, but at Bruges, the only combo you will have is when you activate your people power by paying a worker, and these power are not quite exciting as the "one time use people power" or the permanent effect of the people! Which really can be a game changer!

My thoughts :
Typical feld's game, multiple path to victory! You can get VPs by building house (1vp for each house), hiring people, race to build canal faster than your oponent to gain more VP and from people effects. There is a high interaction amongst the player in this game, you can be a nice player caring about yourself, or become a nuisance to others!
The randomness from the game are from the dice that decide the threats and the cards that you draw. But those randomness can be manage by the effects of the people that you hire.
Overall i reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally like this game, this game is a meaty filler (joji's word, and yes i agree!). You will rarely see the same card combination again because the cards are all different!!!!! For me this is the best feld in 2013. Will you agree? Wait for SOLEX to arrive!!!

Short eh? :ngakak: Ciao~

Empower People, Inspire Lives

Post subject: Re: [Review]Bruges - Another Feld's GEM!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:36 am 
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Semoga ngebuttt yg kali ini.... Mari kita tunggu... Mayan penasaran jg gw...

Deadwood's BGG Profile

Post subject: Re: [Review]Bruges - Another Feld's GEM!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:35 am 
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

tinggal nunggu nih cel apakah amerigo bakal beat all felds this year

a proud owner of 29 Martin Wallace games