Indoboardgames.com

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:37 pm

All times are UTC + 7 hours

Post subject: [Session] O. Range's Log: Panic Station
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:13 am 

Disclaimer: This log are transcribed based on visual, auditorial, and experiential data via digital synaptic-update.
Doctor Octavius Range's Log, year 2112.12.09 2020 hour

This is my final log, my story, and hopefully it may provide useful data to those who retrieve this log from the Android.

Few days ago, a distress beacon was received by our ship, Genesis, and by tracking the signal, we manage to locate the source, this research-station in sector C0F1-T14M. But before we manage to board the station, we came to realize we were not alone in that quadrant... We were baited, sabotaged, and ambushed causing heavy casualties. Our ship got damage badly by these highly aggressive intellectual parasites, giving us no choice but to hastily dock into the station.

Seemed that our ship's power generator got hit during the ambush. Just before the power shut down, our system scan report that there are masses of unknown heat sources somewhere in this station. Whatever those are, there are many of them stationary and their temperature are above human's. Probably those are parasites' hives and we were lured here for their consumption.. There are also a blip of similar reading coming from inside our ship but before the scan is complete to reveal more about this blip, the power runs out. And to make things worst, the previous ambush also depleted the weapon caches, leaving only several flamethrowers, mobile comm-devices, and military Androids without ammo.

The suspicious blip make me certain that one of us are also infected. But suspecting which one of us made my heart race nervously... Keeping calm exterior is a must but I can't help to doubt everyone. Only four of us survived the attack and the blip could came from anyone. Could be our sharp communication officer, Geoffrey Reen, or the tactical sergeant, Marsha Roonfield; or even the esteemed Genesis' captain himself, Christopher Leand.

Understanding the nature of these parasites, we develop safety protocol of communication and priorities. Everyone will also take one flamethrowers and connect our synapse digitally with one of the military Android, spread out looking for ammo along with any necessary means to help us eliminates the threat, and of course, way to go home.

On my search, I manage to found couple of few fuel tanks, a body armor, and some first-aid-kit but the search seemed slow. It's when I found the ammo for my Android then I decide to cover more ground by sending it canvassing the north tunnel while I took a turn heading East. After put on the body armor and pack all the first-aids in my bag, I grab my flamethrower and proceed the search.

Right around the corner then I found the captain's Android. With held breath and heart thumping loud, I carefully proceed with the communication protocol with this military-weaponized Android, fearing that my life would end if the Android already armed and the captain was the one that got infected. Huge relief when I saw it respond perfectly with the protocol. This lift up a slight doubt that I have on the captain although can't shake it one hundred percent sure. Now my doubt are more shifted towards our comm officer, Geoffrey Reen, who seemed to be different than his usual candor.

Then I notice on the comm devices monitor, the dots marking position of the Sergeant Roonfield and Officer Reen went overlap. But everything seemed to pass without any fraction indicating they cross path during their search and perform correct protocol.

"Darn, who the [words are removed due to inappropriate use] is the infectious host?!" I cursed to myself as I keep on exploring the station's corridor on southeast area.

"I've found a computer terminal and they got a heat-scanning system." sergeant Roonfield voice suddenly calls out from my comm device. "It works different from the one we have on Genesis but at minimum, it can scan this station... and confirm if any of us are infected or worst, infected others too. I'm starting the scan now."

A minute of silence past before she speaks again, "... Confirmed. One of us got the similar elevated temperature with those unknowns but the GPS linked in this scan system are corrupted. Ergo I can't confirm which of us are the one. Let's haste before we're all infected."

Feels like hours passed and finally my decision to split my search with my Android come fruitful. On the far north corridor it found the hives fill the whole station's storage room! The hive are extensively huge, it will take at least three fuel tanks to burn it thoroughly. Quickly I update the hive location on the comm.

"I can see your 'droid up ahead, Heading there from your left as we speak!" the Captain responded.
"I'm also not far from your Android, will be there soon!" Officer Reen follows.

Meanwhile they are on their way with the flamethrowers, I gave the order to my Android to search the area for more fuel tank to prep these parasites an extra-crispy experience. Unfortunately that's a terrible decision to search so close to their hives. Three slimy large scorpion-like parasites drop from the ceiling. But instead of attacking the Android that aren't made of flesh and blood, these menacing creatures bolt toward the west corridor, an exact direction where Captan Leand said he's coming through. Without a single moment wasted, my Android aim and blast at those creatures by my order. One was hit but before the second shot fired, the other two went into the darkness. I gave my order to pursue in worries of the Captain's safety but just before my Android manage to leave the room and make haste heading west, something.. or someone charging forward directly from the dark passage! It was ....

[static, signal lost]....

(session report to be continue, it's 0045 am and I need my sleep :lol: )

Post subject: Re: [Session] O. Range's Log: Panic Station
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 am 

Oh not finished yet... too bad, the climax was just about the happen! Neat idea with the pick of names, very clever!
And yes, you have great story telling feat in your blood. Nice work, have no doubt this is one of the best session report of Panic Station I have ever come to.
But I still don't buy your hypothesis! You should accuse!!! :tembak:
Nice game, nice experience and nice discussion!
The PARANOID one 'survived'! :punk:

BG Lineups | Wishlist
fortheloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:58 am 

lanjutannya Doctor Octavius nya dibantai ama si Geoffrey Reen :D trus droidnya bengong :D
hostnya lebih bengong karna semua kok kena tipu ama dia :D hahahaha

nice game lah...tapi lama perdebatannya, sama kayak lama mainnya lol

Last edited by mpruel on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:02 am 

well, after all my last efforts came out from 10% success condition into 100% paranoid in all players... who could even have guessed?
But... it's all built into play by small tiny details and not so seems useless table talk! :punk:

BG Lineups | Wishlist
fortheloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm 

Nice sesrep :), Ausloos must be took a liking to you :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:59 pm 

perapera wrote:
Nice sesrep :), Ausloos must be took a liking to you :D :D

Is this personal sentiment? The reason why you let go your own copy? :oops:

BG Lineups | Wishlist
fortheloveofthegame