Indoboardgames.com

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:40 pm

All times are UTC + 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 7 Wonders
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:45 am 

new expansion of 7 wonders..
7 wonders armada..

source : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/1 ... ay-edition

7 wonders armada wrote:
Jamarnifer, Brandi and I attended our very first board game convention - in our own backyard!

7 Wonders + Armada - Jen was lucky enough to get a spot at the table for what we thought was the only playtest session of the new expansion for the day. Everyone played the board of their choice and Antoine Bauza moderated, explaining the rules. There were two new boards focused on the new mechanics/symbols the Armada deck adds to the game. The Armada deck is shuffled into the standard 7 Wonders deck in the same way as Cities is - one additional card per person. Each player has a ship token, and when an Armada card is played, it is played face down under the ship. You may play as many as you wish, the cost is money. At the end of each age, these cards are revealed, and any cards that the player in unable to pay for are discarded. Some of the new symbols include the following:

- A fourth science symbol - 12 VP for a full set of the three existing symbols plus the Armada Science symbol.
- A new Armada symbol which you compile and trade in at any time to "explore" a set of new tokens - something like six or eight piles of four each. Each is numbered on the back, one to 6 and you can use your symbols to trade them in at any time. The number of symbols you have allows you to pick from the corresponding numbered token pile. Early in the game the single numbered tokens offer things like resource bonuses, additional military symbols or victory points. You can keep these face down until you decide to reveal them. The benefit of saving the symbols and combining them is apparent as the highest tokens include things like 14 or 16 VPs and/or 5 military symbols. Of course these are drawn at random - so you can be taking a real chance in exploring these. Edit: Ryan pointed out something I missed, that is when exploring you are allowed to look at the top two tokens and choose the one of your liking so while still a risk, it is much less than I thought.
- The "pirate" token which allows you to steal one coin each from the two players to the right or the two players to the left.
- Unsure what to call them, but there are "Armada Domination" cards that when played, allow you to be the dominant player in a certain area. You take a ship of the corresponding color and place it on top of the card signifying your dominance - light blue (armada cards), yellow, and one other color I don't recall. If any player at the table has fewer cards of that designated color than the "dominant player" they must discard one or two (can't remember) coins per age. There are higher dominance cards in the successive ages, so your dominance can be overtaken at any point. I believe Antoine mentioned this may be changed to a negative Armada point (a victory point) so as not to be so similar to the gold siphoning mechanic in Cities.
- There are also several cards allowing for the addition of money to the game. I saw 6 and 9 designations.
- Many of the cards held familiar symbols, notably military symbols.

I am sure I have missed dozens of things, but it was a lot of fun. I imagine that about the time we get tired of Cities this will come out (shooting for early spring 2013) and renew our interest. Antoine also mentioned that the post Armada expansion is already in the early playtesting phases, and that he did indeed have ideas for 7 total expansions - but that may not necessarily translate to expansions. It all depends on how well they play. I can't wait!

7 Wonders + Armada (Antoine, Jamar, Jen, Keith, Unknown x3)- Luckily Antoine, though tired, wasn't done for the day as I rushed back thanks to a text from Jamar. They had an open seat for a second game and I managed to snag it just in time for the start. Jamar picked Giza B and dominated with 70 VPs. Antoine was in second with 65 I think, and I took last with a number I am too embarrassed to commit to writing.

ada tambahan 1 kartu lagi buat dikoleksi...

Louis Armstrong promo card

Quote:
From Spielbox Magazine:

Louis Armstrong is an additional leader for 7 Wonders: Leaders.

He gives 7 victory points at the end minus number of military victory tokens you have won.

The Card is only playable with 7 Wonders: Leaders, but may also be integrated along with the leaders of 7 Wonders: Cities

Last edited by thinkbeyond on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 am 

:no: :no: another expansion.. yang cities aja blum dimaenin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 am 

Seriously... Things just get real! It's the sequels... :no:

BG Lineups | Wishlist
fortheloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:02 am 

tapi itu masi tahap playtest doang sih..

Antoine wrote:
JUST remember : it's a work in progress prototype, nothing is final and the publisher hasn't propose any contract yet, so it's still possible that this expansion will never be released, that's all

Last edited by Zephyr on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:02 am 

Zephyr wrote:

y d beli dulu donk, baru bisa d maenin :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:03 am 

Zephyr wrote:
tapi itu masi tahap playtest doang sih..

Quote:
JUST remember : it's a work in progress prototype, nothing is final and the publisher hasn't propose any contract yet, so it's still possible that this expansion will never be released, that's all

Ini sih pasti keluar, entah dlm bentuk final spt apa. Tp yg pasti keluar de, entah kapan.... :sleep:

BG Lineups | Wishlist
fortheloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:03 am 

dniel wrote:
Zephyr wrote:

nunggu James beli, nanti maen di Rumah Betawi :siul:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:06 am 

Zephyr wrote:
dniel wrote:
Zephyr wrote:

nunggu James beli, nanti maen di Rumah Betawi :siul:

udah beli di cs12.. tinggal nunggu.. :siul:
btw, untuk kartu Louis Armstrong ada beberapa yg udah dapet pas pre-order Cities.. i wonder if i get this card in my 7 wonders : cities..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 am 

thinkbeyond wrote:
btw, untuk kartu Louis Armstrong ada beberapa yg udah dapet pas pre-order Cities.. i wonder if i get this card in my 7 wonders : cities..

cs12 itu kapan nyampenya?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:11 am 

Zephyr wrote:
thinkbeyond wrote:

cs12 itu kapan nyampenya?

entahlah..
btw, salah kamar neh, mustinya ditanya di thread cs12 wkwkwk :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next