Indoboardgames.com

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:30 am

All times are UTC + 7 hours

Post subject: The Unboxing Case of 221b Baker street.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 am 

Requested by onti, i've decided to make some unboxing of this game: 221b Baker street.

as can you see the game box is quite big, for comparison how big it is, i put a bottle of UC1000 standing besides the game box.

now let see what we could find inside:
we got:
- play board
-1 Rulebook-Clue-solution booklet
-40 case card
-1 dice
-6 sherlock holmes minis in different color
-1 clue notepad to note the clue to help your investigation.

hmmm compared to the box size, the component inside is really kind of cheap looking and wasting too many space. :| it's hurting the shipping cost if you buy this games overseas :jedot:

So what's this game about?
This game is more a family games, than deduction games, i've got this feeling that you can casually find this game in a bookstore or mall... in england that is :D

In this game, we played as Sherlock Holmes trying to solve various case, by dice rolling all the way to various location to find clues to solve mostly murder case,
the case is written in the case card, each player can study it together or can look at it again at anytime.

case card:

in their turn, each player roll dice, move, and gather clues found at the location listed in the case card.
in the back of the case card , listed there some location and clue codes,

you can find your clues in the booklet,
i will not post what written in the booklet since it will be massively spoiling the game, haha, but how the clue code works was like this,

take example : chemist 6
on the clues chapter in the book there were listed pages of clues, hint, something to help your investigation, they were
listed randomly in random rumber, and the number listed on the location is the clue index to help you find the clue. each player can only look at this clue once. they cannot look at it again, so it's better for them to write the clues in the notepad.

for example: i roll and move my character to the Chemist store in the board. there i should find a the clue listed on the index number 6, in the clue booklet, they were written: "The xxx brother's favourite cigar is xxxx" :P something like that, i forgot :D haha
each player can also block location using the scotland yard card, or open the blocked location with key card.
once you think you gather enough clues, you should roll your way back to the bakerstreet and announce the answer.

Yeah i know, This game is suffer greatly for it's replayability. since once you solved the case, there's no way you can play this case again. :) like a riddle, once you know the answer, you could always answer it.

But for me as a Sherlock Holmes fans, this one is a keeper, since the case is interesting, and there's quite a alot of case to solve. 40 case should lasted for awhile :D

Post subject: Re: The Unboxing Case of 221b Baker street.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:43 am 

akhirnya ada jg unboxingnya, wkakakakka
nice review :jempolup:
kl baca case cardnya, nih game mirip clue y ato sama persis??

perapera wrote:
But for me as a Sherlock Holmes fans, this one is a keeper, since the case is interesting, and there's quite a alot of case to solve. 40 case should lasted for awhile :D

sama donk, gw jg fansnya Sherlock Holmes :D
makanya Mr Jack langsung disikat

btw, token sherlocknya di close up donkkkkkkkkk, sepertinya keren

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:46 am 

ya itu lupa aku foto close up kemaren2 wkwkw coba besok aku update deh hehe, klo clue jujur aja aku gak bisa compare, karena blom pernah maen hahaha, makanya aku gak mention Clue, cluedoh di reviewnya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:57 am 

Edan board nya cakep. Old school, tapi asik banget kayanya.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 am 

Sevej wrote:
Edan board nya cakep. Old school, tapi asik banget kayanya.

indeed old school banget, as expected from 75's game. aku bisa ngerasa mainin ini pas aku kecil dulu haha