Indoboardgames.com

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 pm

All times are UTC + 7 hours

Post subject: A Tale of 5 Gamers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:44 pm 

So, We're about to kick start a new thing here at FnG;
our version of the much loved White Dwarf article "A Tale of 4 Gamers"

In it, four gamers try to create a new WHFB army and they then have a big showdown at the end of the four month article.

In "a Tale of 5 gamers" we will also build a new army from scratch and we will showcase our progress to you, our friends every month until the army is complete.
The only requirement is that there must be at least a unit/character/monster done each month.

The purpose of this is to show everyone what it's like to build and collect a new army and also to let the newbies know how much fun it is.

Anyway, we're off!!!!!!

(sorry bhs inggris, gue lagi males terjemahin semua ahahahaha)

Post subject: Re: A Tale of 5 Gamers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:45 pm 

Renee's army:

I have been playing Warhammer Fantasy Battles for a long time, that is why I have so many armies at my disposal. A few days back, one of my buddies and arch rival asks me to make an army to be put on the magazine and forums, I was thinking this is a great opportunity to even extended my collection of armies. At first glance I was thinking to play the “good guys” for once, so I chose High Elves army because their famous ability of Always Strike First and wide variety of magic. I always start with a general as my centerpiece of the army and my pick comes to the Teclis model, and I bought it. As I was painting Teclis (and steal some headstart.. hehehehe), I realize this taste funny in my mouth, what was I doing? This is wrong!!!! I hate elves!!! (except for their cool dark cousins). So the half painted TAclis model got put in the never-seen-again drawer (you know you have this!!), I start pondering which army should I pick. The rule is to have one regiment or unit ready every month, and when I was thinking, I spilled the pot of paint and it is green. Orkhide shade pot, this was a sign, a sign from Mork and Gork. That’s it!!!! ORC it is.
They rely on brute strength and numbers, they are green which is my favorite color, they hit hard with their choppas, all of them tough as nails, and the are fun to play with, not to mention the animosity!!!! So scrambling down to my stash of army books, and like I said I always pick the general first, my choice comes to Black Orc Warboss on a Wyvern. The Black Orc Warboss have high strength, high toughness and lots and lots of attack. Not to mention riding a wyvern gives him mobility, extra punch, poison attack and of course Terror. Being the Warboss he has a leadership of nine. Slap in some armor and magical weapon, few talisman and enchanted items, I am good to go. Did I mention the model is sooooo cool.
The last thing is to give him a name. After some pondering and consulting dead cat entrails, with some snickering, I hereby name the Warboss: Byg Pyg!!! And being the Warboss’ pet Wyvern, the flying lizard of course have to had its name also, so the name for the big mean flying lizard would be Humpie the Munchkin Eater, hey a name a tittle… getit, Byg Pyg on Humpie the Munchkin eater, yes I know its wrong in so many levels but what can I say.. LOL. Oh I almost forget, playing Orcs you have to always make a clan for your army, so my clan would be named: Da Byg Family.

Last edited by folca on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:46 pm 

Steven's Army:

I love making an army.
This is the stage where my imagination runs wild.
Where your general/unit is at their very best, unbeatable and incredibly powerful (which might not be true when you get to the battlefield)

I love making an army, especially one with a theme!
What is a themed army, you ask?
It’s an army that has a background story, it follows a "theme", the army is made up of units/characters that follow their background stories even if it's not "optimal". That’s ok though, I’m sure given enough practice with the army I can pull off wins! :twisted:

The world of Warhammer is very much established and there are many many opportunities to make a themed army. My latest craze is Dogs of War.
Basically they're mercenaries, an army of mercenaries but since Games Workshop has discontinued the Dogs of War army, I will have to be imaginative.
Looking at the different army books, the only one that comes close to what I want is in the Empire book. So I chose that as the base of my army and what units I will make.
Now, when making an army, I like to choose units based on what models I like but this time I want to make the army as fully converted as possible. I have many different models from my years of collecting Warhammer so I plan on using them for this army… You won’t see many “normal” Empire units here! :lol:

But first things first; The General!
His name is Steffon Von Deitrich, an ex-baron from Talabheim who has served the Emperor and Empire for many years. He is a war veteran and hero but because of political rivalries, he has fallen out of favor in the Emperor’s court.
The pressure of running the day to day of his estates has pushed him into the life of a mercenary. He recruited local mercenary units and went to the region known as Border Princes; a collection of small countries constantly at war with each other. He puts his many years of battle to good effect; winning renown and fame across the whole of the region. His army has grown large and only the wealthiest Prince can afford his prices.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In game I will give Steffon items that will reflect this story, maybe the Rod of Command and a sword of might.. something like that, but for sure, he will be mounted and fully armored.
I haven't started on Steffon yet, still looking for the pieces to make him look older yet battle proven.. gak gampang! :ngoceh:

In the meantime, I have finished painting a bretonnian Pegasus knight who has fallen out of favor of the Lady of the Lake (at least that's what he thinks) and now spends his time drinking and whoring! He has grown fat and lazy but his skill is still formidable! In battle, he will try to find the biggest or scariest enemy and fight them in the hopes of getting back the Lady's Favor.
I count this guy as an Empire Hero on Pegasus! Probably give him a 6+ ward save (blessing of the lady) and something to help him fight big monsters hehehehe

Pictures to follow with the rest of the guys... oh yeah, working on Aspiring Chaos Knights

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 am 

A Tale of 5 Gamers itu adalah event dimana 5 gamers (masing2) mencoba untuk membuat sebuah army dalam jangka waktu tertentu (disini selama 6 bulan)
Ketentuannya adalah minimum 1 unit/character tiap bulan, sebisanya battle dgn armynya dan harus menulis diforum ttg perkembangan army serta memperlihatkan foto2 perkembangan tsb.
Setelah 6 bulan, army yang dibuat akan saling adu dan yang menang akan memenangkan A tale of 5 Gamers!

Tapi bukan itu intinya.

Sebenarnya event ini punya 2 tujuan; Untuk mempertunjukan kehobbiest lainnya that it's not hard or too expensive untuk mulai dan collect sebuah army warhammer
Selain itu, we're having fun! kita saling adu painting dan it gives us another reason to do battle! ehehehe seru aja!

Sejauh ini yang ikut A Tale of 5 Gamers dah sering berubah2, inkarnasi terakhir adalah; Folca, Renee, Badjoke, Kai, Sunburn, Albert (yeah I know, koq ada 6.. so what, we're having fun! ahahahaha)

Untuk narasi anak2 yg ikut akan gue post disini or mereka yg post dewe tapi sementara yang ada aja dulu (bhs indo nyusul)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:26 am 

Preview A Tale of 5 Gamers: